Over the past few months, I started working on a photographic art eCommerce website and parks directory that are both a perfect fit to market on Instagram. Since I’m looking into ways to grow both of those accounts, I’m digging into Instagram marketing, and I would love to share this information with you. I hope it helps!
How to Grow Your Instagram Following:
- Choose the right hashtags using tools like IconoSquare (paid) or Keywordtool.io. Although you’re able to use up to 30 hashtags, research has shown that 11 highly relevant hashtags are your best option. Check your competitors and see what hashtags they use. Add hashtags to your stories as well in the caption, or add hashtag stickers.
- Time your posts based on when you receive the most interaction. Although tools like IconoSquare aren’t free, this one comes with a free 14-day trial. Use their data to see what has worked well for you in the past and time your posts accordingly.
- Follow your competitors’ followers, like their posts, and comment. If individuals like what your competitors post, they are more likely to be a good fit for your profile. If you follow, like, and comment on their posts, research shows that approximately 30% of them will follow you back.
- Pay for sponsored posts and product reviews. Use a tool like keywordtool.io to find people/accounts that correspond with keywords or phrases relevant to your business. Check to see who has a high follower count, ideally over 20,000 followers, and reach out to ask them about a sponsored post. It can be less expensive than you think – sometimes as little as $20.
- Use geotags to help locals find you. When you post on Instagram, be sure to add the location to your posts. Each place has its own feed where you can get featured.
- Organize your stories into highlights. Highlights give profile visitors quick access to more information about your business to decide if they want to follow you or not.
- Ask for followers, and you shall receive. Sometimes people follow specific hashtags and might not even consider following the account associated with the hashtags. Go ahead and mention in your caption that they should follow you for more of whatever you offer and include your handle. It never hurts to ask!
- Include trending hashtags in your posts, especially around the holidays. Trending hashtags are a great way to quickly increase engagement and help various people find you who may not stumble across your account otherwise.
- Run a giveaway to increase engagement. There are many ways to run a successful contest on Instagram by presenting prizes for those who tag friends and like and comment on your posts. Also, you can run a successful giveaway for free or use a tool like Woobox.com. Whatever you choose to do, be fair, present the rules upfront, and research Instagram’s promotion guidelines and legal requirements in your country before launching.
- Use attractive, professional images and choose a consistent overall look. You can do everything right on Instagram, but your account won’t perform well if your pictures and videos are subpar. High-quality images and videos are a must!
I’d love to hear what you think. What Instagram growth strategies work best for you?